Tierney in the Press
Tierney in the Press provides a selection of media engagements by James E. Tierney on news items involving state attorneys general. To view an exhaustive list of past press engagements, please go to the National State Attorneys General press archives section.
For press inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- James E. Tierney at Harvard Law School
- The Tobacco Settlement: 20 Years Later, a resource on the historic fight against big tobacco and the men and women who led these efforts on behalf of the states.
- "The Tobacco Wars: Strategist of Smoking Assault Calls Shots from Maine Farm," July 11, 1997.
- "Fighting Smoke With Fire," November 17, 1998.
James Tierney interviewed on recent lawsuits by state attorneys general against opioid manufacturers that are reminiscent of lawsuits brought by states in the 1990s against the tobacco industry.
Ailsa Chang, "Opioids As The New Big Tobacco," Morning Edition: Planet Money, NPR, June 30, 2017.
- Alexander Burns, “Hawaii Sues to Block Trump Travel Ban; First Challenge to Order,” The New York Times, March 8, 2017.
Bloomberg Law podcast, featuring Director James E. Tierney and Professor Paul Nolette of Marquette University, looks at the possible enforcement focus of state attorneys general, particularly Democratic AGs, under the Trump administration.
- "Democrats Battling Trump Administration," Bloomberg Law (podcast), Dec 16, 2016.